Thursday, January 28, 2010

Child of War


Will this war ever end?
It has been so long and peace seems
no more than a dream.
The anger and hatred are as hot and dry as the wind that blows over the sand.
It is only through the grace of God that weapons will be laid down.

God's grace is long in coming.

Do these World Leaders not know that there is no such thing
as making ready for God?
For God is here and to be lived each day,
through every breath,
in every tear.
Will these children find safety and shelter from fear,
or know the blessing of being held to a warm and protective body?

Tired eyes yearn to close;
precious heads seek a soft lap and a hand to stroke soft hair.

These are the living angels, these witnesses to terror.

You are so beautiful.
Here….let me hold you in my arms,
wipe the dust from your wet face.
I will rock you to sleep, my body your shelter
and no sound will touch you,
no flash of light will wake you,
you need not clutch to your own heart.

I will sing to you a song that will carry you to dreamland,
and you can play in the warmth and soft light of the sun.
Remember always that this is truly all God wants for you;
 this beauty, this sanctuary.

War is not of God,
but you are,
and God weeps for your fear and loves you.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Beautiful and heart-wrenching at the same time. War: I dream it is no more; this has been the recurring hope, dream and ideal all of my life. I too dream of a time when war is obsolete; nor even an option in the mind of man. I do believe this is possible! I really do and I will not stop believing and willing and acting it into Reality! God help me, help us all to achieve this!