Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Samhain - October 31


Mother Goddess descends her throne
gives reign over to the Crone.
Death sweeps across the earth
making way for rebirth.

Cerridwen I beseech you
grant passage to your hall
the dead spirits I sustain
grant passage to them all...

All within the good earth sleeps
and gentle Mother does retreat
to her chamber in the mound
to rest with the Maiden soft and sound.

Queen of Spirits I do seek
a pathway to your Cauldron
I beckon thee Hag to guide me
as I honour the Darkest One...

The veils between the worlds are thin.
Hearken to the whispering din
of honored Ancestors and the Sidhe,
who bless us with their memory.

Ancient women of my folk
the way is clear to my door.
Enter and impart to me
your wisdom, I implore...

Let the year pass this night
and with the morrow's dawning light
may spirit's both alive and dead
walk in peace in the year ahead.

No comments: