Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blessed Lugnasadh


FEAST OF LUGNASADH

Prayer to Lugh, God of Light

Lugh, God of Light, God of Warriors, Helper of Heroes –
I beseech you on this first harvest, Lammas night,
to assist me Ancient Warrior.
Help me to unearth my courage,
my warrior self.
Engender me with the warriors’ soul
bound with bravery, honour and truth
so that I may do battle once more.
So that I may defend against the onslaught of darkness,
the midnight cloud which settles round my eyes.
So that I may live once again with conviction and with dignity.
So that I may do battle for goodness and peace.
Bring to me that warriors soul that once resided within my heart.
That once spoke true words and fought for justice.
That laid waste to lies and prejudice.
I must not lay down here.
I must not ride alone.
Helper of Heroes pray thee help me now.
With my Warriors soul I shall honour thee.
I shall cleave to light and walk in truth.
I shall quest for peace and live as those fine Champions before me.
God of Warriors, deliver unto me that soul astray,
be it small and of little consequence,
for with it I shall brandish those weapons required
to cleanse my grove of demons.

Hail to the Tuatha de Dannann.

Blessed Be…

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Deborah,
This reminds me of Joan of Arc.

Deborah said...

The above is from me, Shannon.